I created stitch meditation as a way to decrease stress in my life, become more focused and increase mindfulness while creating something every day. One kit includes 30 4"x4" flannel base fabrics and all the material you need to create 30 stitch meditations for a daily creative practice. We include a couple of spools of our favorite threads and needles so you are ready to go as soon as it arrives.
We have carefully curated each kit using a selection of hand dyed, hand printed and specialty fabrics. We often use vintage fabrics and linens that we overdye to give them a new life. Then we add fibers, paper and other bits for fun.
There are just a few rules for your stitch meditation practice:
1. Do not take stitches out. Honor the perfection of imperfection.
2. Keep your stitches simple.
3. Don’t think about composition and design. Let your intuition lead you to your next stitch.
4. Feel free to cut or alter the fabrics in your kit and add other papers and fabrics.
5. Most importantly, remember to breathe.
I allow 30 minutes for my stitch meditation practice. Some days, I lay out my fabrics first and create a nice composition. Other days, I pick one fabric, stitch it down and then pick another fabric or paper. The true beauty of the process is that there is no right or wrong way to do this. Don't worry about making 'art' while you are in this process. Let your intuition guide your design. Let your heart speak with needle and thread.